Sunday 14 June 2020

SOTA Mt Mundoonen VK2/ST-053

On Sunday the weather was supposed to be raining, however looked like a fine day so my partner and I headed out to Yass for a day trip. After lunch in Yass headed to nearby Mt Mundoonen for a SOTA activation. Drove up to the top and set up the squid pole on a small gum tree just off the road. It was quite windy and was seeking to get out of the wind, the trig was too much out in the open.


Closer view of the operating spot. As had the car nearby had taken my table and chairs


Rig on the table. The blue gizmo is a recently purchased RigExpert Stick 230 antenna analyzer. I tested my 40m dipole, resonant on 7.2 Mhz so a bit high up the band. Anyway good enough for use, will have to re-tune it another day.


Got on 40 m. After spotting myself on 7.090 Mhz got ZL1BYZ, John, so a good start working New Zealand. Went on to work:

VK4TJ 
Zl2ATH 
VK3ARH/m
ZL1WA
VK1MA Matt on ground wave from Canberra
VK7LTD
VK5AYL
VK2IO Gerard. He was very weak and gave me a 32 report, I had him 41. No NVIS to Sydney...

As the wind was strong and quite cold gave it away and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment