Monday 19 March 2018

WWFF Corramy Regional Park VKFF-1781

I had a week off work and was stopping at Mollymook on the NSW South Coast. This was one of the parks I activated.

Followed the Princes Hwy North of Mollymook, turning off onto "The Wool Road" which takes yoo to Basin View and St Georges Basinm Sanctuary Point. A short distance along the road a sign for Corramy Regional Park on the right.


Turned off onto a dirt road on the right, leading to Wandandian Creek Day Use Area.


There was a picnic table here by the water, nice, but not really suitable for a radio activation.


Instead set up by a walking track, using the access gate for squid pole support


Location of my operating spot. Map from Protected Planet


Shack on the table


It was quite pleasant sitting there in the shade. Got on 40 m. Being a week day fairly quiet, but got some hunters calling once I spotted on ParksnPeaks.

VK2DEK, VK3PF, VK2IO/p, VK3SQ, VK5PAS, VK4AAC/2, VK7JON, VK2CCR.

Tried 20 m. I heard VK7MD and VK7JON having a chat there so worked them, not strong and lots of QSB, 20 not too good. Also worked VK4TJ John and his other 2 calls.

Packed up and headed to Sanctuary Point nearby for lunch.Only 13 contacts so a park I need to revisit, I don't mind as it was very pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment