Monday 13 February 2023

Bournda Nature Reserve VKFF-1896

After stopping at my brothers place at Pambula Beach headed back to Canberra, on the way stopping to activate a WWFF park I had not done before, Bournda Nature Reserve, VKFF-1896. Drove through Merimbula, North to Tura Beach, then stopped off Sapphire Coast Dr at Bournda Quarry Fire trail in the park.


The trail was locked, so continued on foot until reaching a park sign suitable for squid pole support, Set up here. Able to extend the dipole out along the fire trail.


Location, from Google Maps


FT857D on the ground. Sat on my tarp.


Got on 40m. Found the band fairly quiet, not many stations on. Able to spot myself on ParksnPeaks okay. Slowly worked my way through park hunters on 7.144. Lots of calling with no answers.

VK2EXA
VK2IO
VK3PF
VK2RK, VK2ACR
VK2HRX
VK3SQ
VK3ANL
VK3IH
VK1AO, VK2MET
VK3ZSC

My operating spot was popular with mosquitos, and also had a leech crawling over the radio. Had enough contacts so packed up.


No comments:

Post a Comment