Tuesday 8 November 2022

Companion 40aH Battery station

For WWFF park activations I have mainly been using a 4.2 aH Lifepo4 battery, which does the job but does limit what power I can use and the length of the activation.

I spotted a 40aH Lifepo4 Battery station made by Companion for camping and picked one up from a local camping store.


Unboxed and powered on, found the capacity was at 75%


Plugged in the 240v charger, charging up. Display showed 97 minutes to reach full charge.


What I like is the choices for power input and output. As well as mains it has leads to charge off a cigarette lighter in the car, also can charge directly off a solar panel.

The outputs include large Anderson Power poles. I have these on all my radios so just a matter of plugging them in. A little bit heavy and bulky for anything but small distance to walk SOTA summits, but ideal for park activations where the car is not far away. Should be able to run higher power and for longer :)




No comments:

Post a Comment