Monday 12 March 2018

WWFF Activation Swamp Creek Nature Reserve VKFF-0987

I had Canberra Day holiday on Mon 12th March, and in the afternoon headed off to do a quick WWFF activation of VKFF-0987 Swamp Creek Nature Reserve. Only needed 8 more contacts for the 44 needed for WWFF, and close by to home.

As per other activations here parked at the gate off Uriarra Rooad, close by to Uriarra Crossing.


My last activation spot was in the full sun, a bit warm, so set up the station near the fence in the shade of some large gum trees to the right of the gate, and still within the park.


Radio on the table.


This was a test activation of a recently purchased "Roman" power pack, containing 2 x 22 Ah batteries, giving me 44 Ah capacity. At around 14 Kg a bit heavy for moving too far, but ideal for WWFF activations close to the car. Should let me run say 40 W for a few hours. I'll still use my LifePO4 battery for SOTA and where there is a bit of a walk to set up in a park.



Got on 40 m. After spotting myself on ParksnPeaks made the following contacts

VK4TJ VK4/AC8WN VK4/VE6XT John
VK3PF Peter
VK3ANL Nick
VK4FARR Glen
VK3VAR Howard
VK3ARH Allen

As I had made 8 contacts had qualified the park, packed up and headed home.


No comments:

Post a Comment