Sunday 3 June 2018

WWFF Oakey Hill Nature Reserve VKFF-0858

On Sunday headed out to try and finish another WWFF park I needed more contacts from, VKFF-0858 Oakey Hill Nature Reserve. As per last activation parked near the Woden substation off Devonport Street in Lyons, where there is a locked gate entry to the park.  Sign for the park.


Walked up the hill to Oakey Hill. Some good views to the North. Black Mountain on the left, Canberra City and Mt Ainslie to the right.


Set up the squid pole on the trig. There was some rain on the horizon but it did not come my way.


Close to the trig a seat. This wasn't here on my last visit. From the sign on the seat a thank you from the ACT Parks and Conservation Service to the Oakey Hill ParkCare Group for 25 years of help.


As no one else using it I used the seat :) I placed the FT-857D on top of my pack on the ground so I could read the display easily.


Got on 40 m. First contact ZL1TM, Andrei, now a regular park hunter from New Zealand. Then VK7DW Andrew, and a park to park with VK4FW/p Bill in VKFF-1634 Reinke Scrub Conservation Park.

Continued working my way through park hunters, most with good signals.

VK2VW Brett
VK4FDJL Deryk
VK2YK Adam
VK4TJ-VK4/AC8WN-VK4/VE6XT John
VK5PAS Paul
VK7QP Linda
VK3FSPG-VK3MPR Steven
VK5FMAZ Maria
VK3GGG-VK3PMG Mick
VK4NH-VK4DXA-ZL4TY/VK4 Ray
VK5VC Charlie
VK5FGRY Gary

The hunters with multiple callsigns helped. As had enough contacts to qualify the park, and it was a cold day, packed up and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment